To teach and continually emphasize forensic science foundational principles in all aspects of instruction to help produce a future generation of competent, credible and ethical forensic scientists.
Goals & objectives for program students
Upon completion of the Master of Science in Forensic Science, students will:
- Have the necessary theoretical and practical background in all the primary areas of criminalistics for a career in forensic science. These topics include crime scene reconstruction, pattern analysis, microscopy, forensic molecular biology and forensic chemistry and toxicology.
- Demonstrate proficiency in laboratory skills necessary for a career in Criminalistics.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and interpret scientific data.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide proper scientific expert witness courtroom testimony.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and the personal characteristics expected of professionals in the Forensic Science community.
- Demonstrate the ability to be research scientists.
- Demonstrate proficiency in oral and written communication skills.